We ground ourselves in the lived experience of women and families
We strive to support those who face the greatest barriers to equity and opportunity, and we seek to amplify the leadership of grassroots groups and women of color who are fighting for social justice.
To improve the lives of women and families by achieving equality for all women.
A just and equitable society in which all women and families can live with dignity, respect and security; every person has the opportunity to achieve their potential; and no person is held back by discrimination or bias.
We strive to live these values in our daily work. They guide our advocacy and interactions with the outside world and they shape our internal culture and the ways we work with each other.
- Passionate about mission: We are deeply committed to creating a more just and equitable country for all people.
- Visionary: We evolve with the times and create solutions for a better future with courage, creativity and a willingness to push boundaries.
- Collaborative: We seek to lift up partners, build bridges, and unite communities and constituencies for maximum impact and lasting change.
- Affirming and inclusive: We work to center diverse perspectives and leadership, and we are committed to fighting against racism and systemic oppression.
- Trusted and knowledgeable: We provide respected expertise rooted in the lived experiences of the women and families we advocate for.
- People first: Within our organization, we strive for a culture where every member of our team can thrive and feel valued.